Our service and voluntary groups play an important role in ensuring that stroke survivors don’t become socially isolated. They also help to build confidence and self-esteem. As a Service or Voluntary Group Supporter, you will be part of a team assisting in the running of one or more of these service groups.
Tasks this role can include:
- Assist Stroke Association staff in arranging activities for the group by helping to provide information and researching local activity and/or service providers.
- Supporting people to take part in activities organised for the group.
- Supporting Stroke Association staff to set up/clear away venues for group meets.
- Meeting and greeting group members and preparing and providing refreshments.
- Potentially helping with other tasks that ensure the smooth running of the group such as risk assessments, first-aid and compiling user feedback.
Please read the full role description for our Service Group Supporter roles. We currently have no opportunities for this role available.
We have opportunites available for our Voluntary Group Supporter roles in the following areas:
|Area||Role Specific Information||Contact|
|Glasgow||The group meets on the third Thursday of every month, 2pm – 4pm. A second meeting will be arranged on a monthly basis by the committee. We need one person aged over 18.||Maureen Hunter on 07703 319220 or email@example.com|
The Hertford Speakability group provides communication and peer support to members. They meet on the third Thursday of every month from 10.30am-12.30pm. We need three volunteers all aged over 18 to attend the group meeting and complete other tasks which may include admin and research. Please see full role description here.
|Claire McLoughlin on 07850765212 or Maria DeGiorgio on 07799436028|
|Fairwater Cardiff||To work with stroke survivors and support them to carry out various different activities from communication to upper-arm therapy (training will be given). We need three people aged over 18. Role will be on Monday’s between 10am to 12.30pm, or 12.30pm to 2.30pm.||Stephanie Martin on 07951206353 or Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org|