Ref: S539 | London (Office based in Croydon) with frequent travel to our Lewisham office | 28 hours per week
We’re looking for an innovative, passionate and professional individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills to join our Stroke Association Services in London (based at our Croydon office, with frequent travel to support from our Lewisham office).
The Administrative Assistant will provide comprehensive and professional administrative support to the Stroke Recovery Service.
A key part of the role will be to:
- Provide support to stroke survivors and carers in the designated area, and ensure a full implementation of all operational policies and quality standards.
- Input the referrals onto our internal system, using a national database.
- Monitor and update spreadsheets.
- Maintain a register of all referrals to ensure timely assessments.
- Deal sensitively and appropriately with all enquiries by telephone and in person.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained and support the Stroke Association Support Coordinators in their role with various tasks that they may assign to you (please see the role profile).
Applicants are likely to have:
- A background in a health or caring profession, ideally with experience of supporting people with disabilities and stroke.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of how to use data to improve quality.
- A flexible approach to your role, this is essential.
The willingness to travel is essential to be able to fulfil the requirement of the role.
Travel expenses and time can be claimed from the office the role is based in.
This is a fixed term contract until 31 March 2020, with the possibility of extension.
Our services are contracted, we currently have funding for this contract until 31 March 2020.
Please complete and submit the application form. CVs will not be accepted.
For assistance in completing the application form please refer to the guidance. For more information on how we use the information you have provided and the legal basis upon which we rely to process the personal information you have provided in this form, please see our job applicant privacy notice.
Email the completed application form to email@example.com by midnight on the closing date, 30 June 2019. Interviews are going to be held on 17 July 2019.
The Stroke Association is an equal opportunities employer, to enable us to fulfil our responsibilities please complete the equal opportunities form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org which is managed by our HR team. Do not send it with your application or send your application to this email address.
If you have any queries, please email the HR team at email@example.com
Stroke Association. Rebuilding lives after stroke.
When stroke strikes, part of your brain shuts down. And so does a part of you. That’s because a stroke happens in the brain, the control centre for who we are and what we can do. It happens every five minutes in the UK and changes lives instantly. Recovery is tough, but with the right specialist support and a ton of courage and determination, the brain can adapt.
We believe everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there.
We provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives.
Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join our team.