What will I be doing?
As we are a charity, our work relies heavily on the generosity of our supporters. As a Community Fundraiser, you'll be supporting our fundraising activities on a local level to ensure we can continue to support stroke survivors. Tasks could include:
- Placing collection boxes in appropriate sites in your local area.
- Dealing with the administration of the collection boxes (includes collecting the money, providing receipts and keeping records of money collected at each site).
- Counting money raised and paying this into the Stroke Association bank account.
- Identifying new sites in your local area where collection boxes can be placed.
- Supporting us at street and store collections.
- Collecting and banking public cheque donations from around your local area.
- Promoting the Stroke Association by helping convey our fundraising messages both on the internet and in your local area.
- Supporting our campaigns and fundraising products (such as Make May Purple and Give a Hand and Bake).
What skills and experience do I need?
- You're friendly, engaging and comfortable meeting members of the general public and networking with your local community.
- You enjoy being a member of a team but are also able to work effectively without direct supervision.
- You have numeracy skills, are able to keep basic financial records and are happy handling money.
- You're comfortable representing the Stroke Association in public.
What skills and experience will I gain?
- Enhance your CV and gain practical experience of fundraising activities in the voluntary sector.
- Gain confidence in communicating effectively with a wide range of people.
- Enhance your organisational skills.
- An opportunity to engage with your local community.
- Making a real impact in supporting stroke survivors.
When do you need me?
- This role is flexible and can be adapted in order to fit around your existing commitments or the time you are able to give. Opportunities are available during the week and at weekends.
Is this a one off opportunity?
How many people are needed?
Any age restrictions?
- Over 18 years of age.