What will I be doing?
As a charity our work relies heavily on the generosity of our supporters. As a Fundraising Event Volunteer you will be supporting our fundraising activities on a national or local level to ensure we can continue to support stroke survivors. Tasks may include:
- Supporting us at our fundraising events by cheering on participants, setting up and running stands, registering participants, acting as route marshals, manning checkpoints etc.
- Supporting us at street or store collections.
- Helping to promote events and activities by putting up posters or distributing leaflets.
- Organising your own events using our Fundraising Events Pack.
- Co-ordinating the placement and administration of collection boxes at locations in your local area.
What skills and experience do I need?
- You are friendly, engaging and comfortable meeting members of the general public.
- You enjoy being a member of a team but are also able to work without direct supervision.
- For some roles you will need to have basic numeracy, able to keep basic records and are happy handling money.
- You are comfortable representing the Stroke Association in public.
What skills and experience will I gain?
- Enhance your CV and gain practical experience of event management and fundraising in the voluntary sector.
- Gain confidence in communicating effectively with a wide range of people.
- Enhance your organisational skills.
- An opportunity to engage with your local community.
When do you need me?
- This is an ad hoc ongoing role. Opportunities will be sent to you regularly.
- Weekend and evening volunteering opportunities are available.
Is this a one off opportunity?
How many people are needed?
Any age restrictions?
- No, however under 18 year olds will only be able to volunteer in supervised roles.