What will I be doing?
We support people to make the best possible recovery following a stroke. One of the ways we help is through our Life After Stroke grants. You'll be trained to apply for grants on behalf of stroke survivors who need financial support. You will support people on a 1:1 basis through our grant application process which will involve:
- obtaining the relevant paperwork
- meeting with stroke survivors at their home or public place to complete the application form
- collating medical and financial information and entering it onto our application forms
- liaising and reporting back to staff in order to provide updates on new and ongoing applications
- completing any other administrative duties with our support.
You'll also promote grants in local Stroke Association Voluntary Groups and Independent Affiliated Stroke Clubs.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Have an interest in applying for grants on behalf of others.
- Have basic computer skills (desirable)
- Confident with handling numerical data and making calculations.
- Able to access transportation or drive a vehicle to/from arranged visits.
- You're comfortable gathering often sensitive and confidential information from people and entering it into grant application forms.
- You're thorough with a good eye for detail.
- You're able to communicate effectively in writing, over the phone and in person.
- You're able to work without direct supervision and act professionally at all times.
What skills and experiences will I gain?
- Practical experience of working with and supporting people who have been affected by stroke.
- An opportunity to enhance your CV and upskill.
- An opportunity to further engage with your local community.
- An opportunity to gain professional experience within an area of interest or build on previous experience.
When do you need me?
- Opportunities are available Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm. Details to be discussed and confirmed during the application process.
Is this a one-off opportunity?
How many people are needed?
Any age restrictions?
- Over 18 years of age