Running an organisation the size of the Stroke Association is a huge undertaking and our hundreds of offices around the UK ensure we run smoothly. The Prevention Office and Administration Volunteer will provide administrative support to the Prevention Marketing team across all streams of prevention work, but predominantly Know Your Blood Pressure (KYBP).
What will I be doing?
- To help manage the KYBP email account, register KYBP events and process KYBP event materials orders. This will involve data entry into and management of the KYBP central spreadsheet.
- To help respond to queries about the KYBP campaign via the KYBP email account or telephone, and pass any queries to the relevant staff members where necessary.
- To assist with event registration forms received in the post – this will involve organising and labelling the forms, logging their receipt on the KYBP spreadsheet and packaging them to send on to our external data processor.
- To help the prevention team create reports from the KYBP spreadsheets.
- To assist with general administrative duties, such as photocopying, handling post, filing and typing up documents.
- To assist with the management of office supplies for the Prevention team.
What skills and experience do I need?
- You will have excellent listening skills, be empathetic, non-judgemental, reliable and willing to try new things.
What skills and experience will I gain?
Confidence, decision-making skills, an awareness of disability, stroke and rehabilitation after stroke.
When do you need me?
- Four hours a week
Is this a one-off opportunity?
How many people are needed?
Any age restrictions?
- Over 18 years of age