What will I be doing?
Our work relies heavily on the generosity of our wonderful supporters, and our Supporter Care team are here to ensure that they feel valued and appreciated. Our team efficiently process income from a variety of income streams and ensure that our supporters are thanked in a warm, appropriate and personable manner. We also offer a friendly, knowledgeable and efficient response to all fundraising enquires. As a Supporter Care volunteer you will be helping to make a huge difference to the lives of stroke survivors and their families by providing administrative support to our office in Northampton. Tasks may include:
- General office duties such as answering the telephone, taking messages, filing,
- Data input and other computer based administrative tasks.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with supporters of the Stroke Association to help us deliver excellent supporter service.
What skills and experience do I need?
- You are able to use office equipment and relevant computer software.
- You are able to communicate effectively in writing, over the phone and in person including a high standard of written and spoken English.
- You have an ordered approach to administrative functions.
- You are thorough with a good eye for detail.
- You are proactive, willing to learn and can use your own initiative.
- You have a high degree of numeracy.
What skills and experience will I gain?
- Practical experience of working in an office and fundraising environment and being part of a team.
- Gain confidence in communicating effectively with a wide range of people.
- An opportunity to enhance your CV or learn new skills.
- An opportunity to be part of a friendly and enthusiastic team that puts the supporter at the heart of everything it does.
- An opportunity to find out more about how charities such as the Stroke Association operate.
When do you need me?
- This is a flexible opportunity and depends on when you are available. Ideally we are looking for someone who can committ to one or two days per week from 10am-4pm.
Is this a one off opportunity?
How many people are needed?
Any age restrictions?
- Over 18 years of age.