The Stroke Association’s Life After Stroke Awards 2008 took place on 25 June at Claridge’s.
Our Life After Stroke Awards recognise the achievements of everyone affected by stroke. We celebrate stroke survivors for showing tremendous spirit and determination after their stroke. We also commend carers, volunteers, stroke clubs and health professionals who are with stroke survivors every step of the way.
Learn about each of our very deserving winners
- Susie Hulks Memorial Award for Art: Peter Bull
- Volunteer Award: Phillip Williams
- Stroke Club Award: Market Drayton and District Stroke Club
- Excellence in Stroke Care Award: Annie Laverty
- Carer's Award: Jean Fieldsend
- Adult Courage Award (18 to 64 years): Nicola Harkin
- Adult Courage Award (over 65 years): Cyril Merle