Just need to vent

TalkStroke closes on 5 February 2018

As My Stroke Guide has grown into a trusted online stroke community and support tool, we’re closing TalkStroke and asking you to register for My Stroke Guide. It will be easier for you to get all the online support you need, all in one place.

This unique, custom-built tool gives you the opportunity to create your own social profile, make friends with other users and message them directly. There are many ways to interact with one another, such as using the My social forum, posting on the public social wall and joining specific groups based on your interests.

We hope you register for My Stroke Guide, which is quick, easy and takes no longer than five minutes. You can register whenever you want to – either before 5 February or after the closure. You’ll benefit from using all the new features and keep the conversation alive in a supportive and welcoming community.

We’d like to thank you for all your commitment to TalkStroke and we hope you join us soon on My Stroke Guide, our trusted online stroke community and support tool.

If you have any questions, please call us on 0300 222 5707 or email us on mystrokeguide@stroke.org.uk

Hi Bobz, I can understand your difficulties regarding aphasia, hubby had his stroke nearly 10 years ago and some days I think my head will explode as I try to tell him something or understand what he is trying to say.And yes, he also swears like a trouper clear as day!!
I am sorry to hear of your hubbys deterioration, and your health problems, your circumstances seem very difficult. Venting your steam is a positive step forward, I sometime wish I could go to the middle of nowhere and scream my head off.
I hope things can improve for you but also know that your role is a very difficult one, you are not selfish, caring for a grown man who needs so much attention/care is exhausting, you are in my thoughts , Sheils.

Tue, 10/17/2017 - 7:41pm
Return to thread


Charity information

Stroke Association is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England and Wales (No 61274). Registered office: Stroke Association House, 240 City Road, London EC1V 2PR.

Registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No 211015) and in Scotland (SC037789). Also registered in Northern Ireland (XT33805), Isle of Man (No 945) Jersey (NPO 369).