Newbie here needing advice

Dear Tracie
Very difficult for you.
Can I suggest that Dad considers some counselling. Must be a professional with stroke expertise.
The NHS might have a look waiting list in which case, can he go private ? I had counselling during the first weeks at home and it helped me immensely.
I have also found relax classes very helpful. Havent tried yoga but that might also be a good source of help.
Then perhaps the stroke group. I went a few weeks ago and it was so nice to be with other SS. Like being wrapped in a warm blanket.

Stroke doesn't just get at your limbs, it changes ones brain and often harms internal workings.

Good luck to you both

Fri, 11/10/2017 - 7:20pm
Return to thread


Charity information

Stroke Association is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England and Wales (No 61274). Registered office: Stroke Association House, 240 City Road, London EC1V 2PR.

Registered as a Charity in England and Wales (No 211015) and in Scotland (SC037789). Also registered in Northern Ireland (XT33805), Isle of Man (No 945) Jersey (NPO 369).