1. Training - Staff will receive training so they can recognise and react appropriately to stroke.
2. Information - Information about stroke and its effects will be made available to staff, residents and their families.
3. Policy and sign posting - A policy on how staff respond to stroke and where to go to for further help, will help all residents.
4. Prevention - Staff have an understanding that stroke is preventable and have information and resources available to help them.
5. Person centred care - Every stroke is different and how care is adapted should be unique to the individual residents.