Northern Ireland Stroke Conference 2019
On Tuesday, 11 June 2019, over 200 healthcare professionals gathered together to learn the latest updates in stroke research and service development.
Parallel 2B: Person-centred practice, compassion and palliative care (kindly sponsored by Daiichi-Sankyo).
- Palliative care for stroke – what is it and do we need it? - Professor Gillian Mead
- End of life care, the options - Marie Donnelly.
Plenary 2: Envisaging the future.
- The fundamentals of acute stroke nursing and the Stroke-Specific Education Framework - Professor Dame Caroline Watkins
- Stroke Rehabilitation: The best is yet to come - Professor Avril Drummond.
Oral Abstract Presentation: Karen Adams – Outcomes after thrombectomy for basilar artery thrombosis in Belfast: A single centre experience.
Best Poster: Wendy Clarke - SIAXI: Efficacy and safety of incobotulinumtoxinA for the treatment of sialorrhea in Parkinson’s disease (PD) and other neurological conditions: Results of a Phase III, placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blind Study.
Northern Ireland Stroke Conference 2020
The conference is a must for anyone interested in increasing their knowledge, professional expertise and learning.
Book your place at the conference and you can:
- Gain an MDT perspective and network with colleagues from across the whole stroke care pathway.
- Find out about the latest industry developments and innovations.
- Share your view with key players to help improve stroke care.
- Gain relevant accredited professional training.
- Showcase your work by providing an abstract.
Bookings for the 2020 conference will open in late 2019.
Follow UKStrokeForum for updates.