Join us at the UK Stroke Assembly North. Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or supporter of clubs and groups, this event is your opportunity to share your story, hear about the latest developments in stroke, try something new and take action on stroke.
- Date: Monday 4 June – Tuesday 5 June 2018
- Venue: Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport
- Time: 2pm on Monday to 4pm on Tuesday
You can also attend just for the day on Tuesday 5 June, 9am – 4pm.
The interactive and inspiring conference includes talks, workshops, an exhibition, gala dinner and much more. There will be four plenary talks and a number of workshops delivered by stroke survivors and stroke professionals.
You do not have to attend all the talks. There will be plenty of time to rest, meet other stroke survivors and to visit the exhibition.
With you in mind
We know that attending a conference might not be easy or something that you have done before. We have carefully chosen a venue that is accessible to suit your needs. Stroke survivors have been involved throughout the planning of the event and in the programme design.
Thanks to the support of the Stroke Association, ticket prices are kept as low as possible. However, if you need help covering the cost of tickets or travel, please contact us for more information about bursaries.
The Radisson Blu Hotel is stylish and modern. It has spacious conference rooms with natural daylight and good accessible facilities that are suited to this event. It is conveniently located at Manchester Airport or close to junction 6 on the M56.
You can read more about the venue on the Radisson Blu Hotel website.
The venue is fully accessible to wheelchair and scooter users. If you find walking tiring then we suggest you bring your mobility aid with you as this is an all-day event that takes place across multiple rooms.
Accommodation on Monday night is included in your ticket price. Please contact us if you wish to book an additional night of accommodation.
All rooms are ensuite with a shower over a bath. Twin rooms are available upon request.
There are a limited number of fully accessible bedrooms with wet room bathrooms so please only ask for a fully accessible bedroom if a standard room would not meet your needs. If you have requested an accessible room we will contact you to discuss how best we can support you.
Please contact us if you have any questions about accommodation.
Stroke survivor/carer/family – Early bird rate (until 3 April)
- Two-day residential ticket: £55
- One day ticket: £30
Stroke survivor/carer/family – Full rate (4 April – 14 May)
- Two-day residential ticket: £75
- One day ticket: £40
Professional / staff
- Two-day residential ticket: £200
- One day ticket: £100
Residential tickets include:
- all talks and workshops
- access to the exhibition
- refreshments throughout
- three-course dinner on day one, breakfast and lunch on day two
- overnight accommodation.
How to book and pay
To book your place at this event you must complete a booking form for each person attending the event. Your place is not booked until we have received your booking form AND your payment.
Ways to pay:
- Pay online by debit/credit card by following the steps at the bottom of this page
- Call 01527 903 917 during office hours and pay by debit/credit card
- Post a cheque made payable to the ‘Stroke Association’ to the address at the bottom of this page. Put your full name and the reference ‘UKSA North’ on the back of the cheque.
Ways to book:
- Complete an online booking form
- Complete and return a booking form via post or email :
- Standard booking form
- Picture-based booking form for people with aphasia (available soon)
- Call 01527 903 917 to complete a form over the phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper form to be sent to your home address.
Booking closes on 14 May 2018. Once we have received your booking form and payment you will receive a confirmation by email. A pre-event information pack will be sent to you in May.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Post: UK Stroke Assembly, Life After Stroke Centre, Church Lane, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 8RA.
- Phone: 01527 903 917
- Email: email@example.com