If your stroke has affected the part of your brain that controls movement, you may have weakness or paralysis on one side of your body or problems with moving and doing your everyday activities. You may also experience other symptoms like muscle spasms, balance problems and joint pain.
This guide explains some of the ways that physiotherapy can help you to recover, when you can start physiotherapy, and what your treatment might involve. It also lists some things you can do yourself to help with your recovery.
- Download the Physiotherapy after stroke guide (PDF).
- Order a printed copy from our shop.
- Go to the Physiotherapy after stroke webpage.
- Download the guide in large print (Word doc).
- To request a braille copy, email firstname.lastname@example.org.