Take a look at our materials and resources to support your Know Your Blood Pressure event.
- Event guidelines - all the information you need to run a successful event.
- Materials order form - you can complete the form included in your welcome pack and return to the address below, or if you prefer, complete the online version. Please allow at least ten days from posting your materials order form to ensure that we have time to get the stock out to you.
Ordering your materials
At a minimum, you should make sure you have a supply of the following:
- Know Your Blood Pressure information leaflets (200 max)
- Personal Information Record pads (50 forms per pad)
We also have Stroke Association leaflets available on a number of topics including healthy eating, alcohol, smoking, diabetes and other risk factors for stroke, as well as advice on how to reduce your risk of stroke.
Please be careful not to over-order leaflets, as you will find that not many people will take these away from the event.
Although our Know Your Blood Pressure materials are free, we do request a minimum donation of £10.00 (£15.00 if you order more than 1,000 items) towards postage and packing. Please send your completed materials order form and a cheque made payable to the Stroke Association to:
Know Your Blood Pressure
Life After Stroke Centre
We provide insurance for Rotary Club members and volunteers at registered Know Your Blood Pressure events only. This includes medical malpractice insurance for claims for bodily injury and advice. Insurance cover is also extended to non-Rotary volunteers at Know Your Blood Pressure events provided that they are appropriately trained to take blood pressures and give guidance and that their name is recorded at the event.
In order to be covered by our insurance policy, please ensure you register your event ahead of time.
Make sure you have completed our safety checklist and download the Stroke Association's Employers Public and Products Liability verification letter and Medical Malpractice verification letter. These documents will be updated in the first week of April 2018.
Promoting your event
- Use our posters to promote the event in your local community.
- Send a copy of our press release to your local newspaper and radio stations.
- Use our Promotional Toolkit to help you spread the word about your event. The toolkit contains helpful advice for promoting your event and attracting media attention. Remember to target your venue’s communication channels to help you spread the word.
- Use our Social Media Guidance to help you promote your events on Facebook and Twitter.
What you'll need on the day
- Blood Pressure machine - we would like to thank Omron Healthcare UK for their gift of blood pressure monitors for our screening events. You can purchase a blood pressure monitor for your own use from a number of retailers. Blood pressure machines should always be properly calibrated in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Trained healthcare professional to take blood pressure readings
- KYBP Personal Information Records
- KYBP leaflets and any other resources eg promotional posters
- Tables and chairs
After your event
Remember to return your Personal Information Record forms to the freepost address below, and complete our evaluation form to let us know how you got on.
Know Your Blood Pressure Team
Life After Stroke Centre