The UK Stroke Assembly is hosted by the Stroke Association. The UK Stroke Assembly Steering Group plan and organise the event.
The Steering Group is made up of us and other leading stroke organisations and individual stroke survivors representing the stroke communities across the UK:
- InterAct Stroke Support
- Different Strokes
- Clinical Research Network: Stroke
- Julie Monk, England representative
- Paul Hodson, Scotland representative
- Northern Ireland representative - open position. If you're interested in this role, contact us for more information
- Andrew Davies, Wales representative.
The Steering Group is influenced by the views and ideas of the Advisory Group, representing people affected by stroke and aphasia.
The role of the Advisory Group is to:
- contribute ideas to shape the programme of future events
- offer advice on accessibility of information about the events
- offer advice on suitability of venues.
We're always looking for stroke survivors and carers to be more involved in the planning of these events and become members of the Advisory Group. If you're interested in joining this group or would like to contribute any ideas for the UK Stroke Assembly, please contact us:
Post: UK Stroke Assembly, Life After Stroke Centre, Church Lane, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 8RA.
Phone: 01527 903 917
Looking for a representative for the Northern Ireland stroke community
We're looking for a stroke survivor or carer from Northern Ireland to join our UK Stroke Assembly Steering Group. If you'd like to help plan and organise future Assembly events and represent the views of those affected by stroke in Northern Ireland, please contact us on 01527 903 917 or email email@example.com.