Take action on stroke and join us at one of the largest gatherings of stroke survivors in the UK.
If you have a personal connection to stroke then join like-minded people and be inspired at this two-day event. This is a great way to join the stroke community to have your say on stroke, share experiences and hear developments in stroke care and research.
- Date: Monday 13- Tuesday 14 July 2020
- Venue: De Vere Orchard Hotel, East Midlands Conference Centre
- Time: Monday 11:00am until Tuesday 4:00pm
With you in mind
We know that attending an event like this might not be easy or something that you have done before. We have carefully chosen a venue that is accessible and designed a programme that allows you time to rest. We ask for the views of those affected by stroke when making these decisions.
Whether you are a stroke survivor, carer or supporter of clubs and groups, these events are your opportunity to be inspired, build friendships and try something new.
This interactive and inspiring conference includes talks and workshops delivered by stroke survivors and stroke professionals, an exhibition, evening dinner and much more.
You do not have to attend all the talks. There will be plenty of time to rest, meet others or visit the exhibition.
View the programme outline (to follow).
Set in 330 acres of the University of Nottingham’s landscaped parkland, just four miles from Nottingham and close to the M1 motorway, De Vere East Midlands Conference Centre is a modern destination for meetings, conferences, training and business events.
Read more about the De Vere East Midlands Conference Centre on their website.
If you are a wheelchair or scooter user, we recommend that you bring this with you.
Accommodation on Monday night is included in your residential ticket price. All rooms are ensuite, some with a large walk in shower. (There is approx. a 5 inch step into the shower). Twin rooms and baths are available upon request.
Please contact us if you wish to book an additional night’s accommodation.
There are a limited number of fully accessible bedrooms with wet room bathrooms. Please only ask for a fully accessible bedroom if a standard room would not meet your needs. If you have requested an accessible room we will contact you to discuss how best we can support you.
Please contact us if you have any questions about accommodation.
Stroke survivor/ carer/ family/ volunteer – Early bird rates (until 27 April)
- Two-day residential ticket* £60 per person.
- One DayTicket £25 per person.
Stroke survivor/ carer/ family/ volunteer - Full rate (27 April – 22 June)
- Two day residential ticket* £80 per person.
- One day ticket £35 per person.
Professionals/ staff- Full rate (27 April – 22 June)
- Two-day residential ticket (Professional/ staff) £200 per person.
- One day ticket (Professional/ staff) £100 per person.
* Residential tickets include:
- All talks and workshops.
- Access to the exhibition.
- Refreshments throughout.
- Lunch and a three-course dinner on day one.
- Breakfast and lunch on day two.
- Overnight accommodation.
How to book and pay
To book your place at this event you must complete a booking form for each person attending the event. Your place is not booked until we have received your booking form and your payment.
Ways to book:
- Complete an online booking form (link to follow).
- Complete and return a standard booking form via post or email.*
- Complete and return an accessible booking form via post or email.*
*Call 01527 903 717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a paper form to be emailed or sent to you in the post, or to complete a form over the phone.
Ways to pay:
- Pay by debit/credit card when you complete the online booking form at (link to follow).
- Call 01527 903 717 during office hours and pay by debit/credit card.
- Post a cheque made payable to the ‘Stroke Association’ to the address below *. Put your full name and the reference ‘UKSA 2020’ on the back of the cheque.
*UK Stroke Assembly,
Life After Stroke Centre,
Booking closes on Monday 22 June 2019.
Once we have received your booking form and payment you will receive a confirmation by email. A pre-event information pack will be sent to you in June.
Get in touch
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Post: UK Stroke Assembly, Life After Stroke Centre, Church Lane, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 8RA
- Phone: 01527 903 717
- Email: email@example.com