Click below to view and download our talks and workshops.
Talks and workshops
- A year on: what’s happened since the UK Stroke Assembly 2016 – Juliet Bouverie
- Our story – inspirational talks from stroke survivors and carers
- Stroke and aphasia research: What’s hot in 2017 – Dr Fergus Doubal and Prof Jane Marshall
- What the National Clinical Guideline for Stroke means for you – Kaili Stanley and Robert Norbury
- The year ahead – Juliet Bouverie.
- Help shape the Stroke Association’s policy positions – Mark MacDonald
- Raising the profile of stroke and the Stroke Association – Laura Forty
- What support is available in your area? – Avril Millwood and Sharon Savage
- Mental health, anxiety and depression – Dr Shirley Thomas
- Fatigue after stroke: what research tells us – Prof Gillian Mead
- Managing finances after stroke – Barbara Wilcox
- Speaking out for stroke locally – Esmee Russell
- Campaigning for a national stroke strategy, one year on – David Bridson
- Improving support for carers – Katherine Staley
The UK Stroke Assembly South 2017 was sponsored by Irwin Mitchell Solicitors, Dorset Orthopaedic and AllClear.
Thank you to our sponsors and the following exhibitors for their support:
- Irwin Mitchell Solicitors
- Dorset Orthopaedic
- Royal College of Physicians
- Say Aphasia
- NIHR Clinical Research Network Stroke
- City, University of London
- UK Stroke Forum Service User Reps
The Reference Group organisations also held stands in the exhibition area.