Video calling is a popular way to connect with family and friends.
You can use a computer, tablet or smart phone to make a call.
When you video call you are able to see the person you are talking to.
People with aphasia often find video calling better than a phone call.
There are many different video call platforms.
This guide will give you information about 3 popular options:
These documents include:
- What you need before you start
- Communication tips
- How to download the software/app
- How to use the app
Instructions might look different depending on the device you are using. We have included instructions for:
- Android tablets/smartphones
- iPads and iPhones
To open the documents below click or tap on the links.
A link will connect to a document.
The link is written in blue text.
The document will open in a new window.
You can save this information to your device.
You can also print this information.
- How to use WhatsApp
- WhatsApp: Android tablet or phone version
- WhatsApp: computer version
- WhatsApp: iPhone version
- How to use Zoom
- Zoom: Android tablet or phone version
- Zoom: computer version
- Zoom: iPhone or iPad version
- How to share a YouTube video on a computer Zoom call
Images from Speakeasy - aphasia.
We also have a guide to getting online for people with aphasia.