After a stroke, starting to move more can be a massive boost to your recovery, your confidence and your wellbeing. It can also help you stay healthy after a stroke. We asked stroke survivors, therapists and exercise professionals to share their ideas for getting active. Find out how you can be more active after stroke.
Being active is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your health, especially after a stroke.
Moving more can reduce your risk of another stroke in several different ways, it:
- Slows the clogging-up of your arteries.
- Keeps your heart healthy.
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Stabilises blood sugar.
- Reduces cholesterol in your blood.
- If you make changes to your diet, exercise can also help with weight loss.