Other forms of tobacco
How do I quit?
- The best way to give up.
- Aids like nicotine replacement products or medication that could help you.
- Advice about using e-cigarettes as part of a stop-smoking plan.
- Getting support, such as support groups that may run in your area.
To find your local Stop Smoking Service call the NHS Smokefree Helpline on 0300 123 1044 or visit NHS Smokefree's website.
The NHS helpline for Scotland is Smokeline. Call them on 0800 84 84 84 or visit Can't Stop Smoking's website.
Find out more
- There’s more information about stopping smoking, including tips to help you quit, in our guide Smoking and the risk of stroke.
- Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) - Campaigns to eliminate the harm caused by tobacco. Provides information on the effects of smoking and on finding support to give up smoking, including the helplines available.
The Stroke Association would like to thank LoSalt for sponsoring this page. The Stroke Association retains independent editorial control over all content. To find out more about LoSalt and how we’ve joined forces to build a #HealthierUK, visit our partnership page.
If you take some types of medication that affect potassium levels, LoSalt and other reduced sodium salt alternatives may not be suitable for you. Check with your GP for advice.