The Childhood Stroke Project is a collaboration between us and Evelina London Children's Hospital and is funded by the Margaret Giffen Charitable Trust. The Childhood Stroke Project has set up a research study to identify the needs of families and young people, to guide our work going forward. We've also established a Childhood Stroke Support service.
This service provides:
- tailored information, for children, young people and families affected by stroke, about the nature of their stroke or related diagnoses
- advice about local services, and a follow-up that families may find useful
- support in navigating health, social care and educational processes
- advocacy for young people and families in accessing the services they need
- emotional support in adjusting to the impact of stroke
- signposting to peer support networks for parents and young people.
If you'd like to speak to someone for advice or support, please contact Anna Panton, Childhood Stroke Project Manager, by email email@example.com or telephone 07715 065925.
If you'd like to read more about the work of the Childhood stroke project, take a look at our latest progress report.
Childhood stroke project resources
Our three Childhood Stroke posters raise awareness that stroke happens to children and young people too. Download now:
Our Childhood Stroke handbook explains to children what happens when they have a stroke, and also has advice for parents.
Find out more
Our Childhood Stroke question and answer sheets help inform families of what to ask in different appointment settings following a stroke. These have been developed through working with parents and professionals:
- Questions to ask when your child starts or returns to school.
- Questions to ask at neurology appointments.
- Questions to ask when looking for therapy services or attending therapy appointments.
We've also developed a small medical information card (shown below) for use by childhood stroke survivors. If you'd like a free copy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or you can download your copy now.