Why does behaviour change after a stroke?
In what ways can behaviour change?
- you get cross or annoyed very quickly
- you’re more stressed, angry or aggressive
- you’ve become withdrawn and don’t talk very much
- you don’t show any interest in the things you used to enjoy
- you make decisions without considering what will happen afterwards
- you’re less inhibited, which can make you more out spoken or seem self-centred and can also change your sexual behaviour.
Does it get better?
Are there treatments that can help?
Find out more
Read more, including practical tips to help you and your family, in our leaflet Changes to your behaviour.