Why do they happen?
What kind of problems do people have?
- follow a TV programme or read a book
- remember what it is that you were doing
- remember what someone told you only moments ago
- find your way around
- work out how to do things you used to do easily, like use the TV remote control or prepare a meal
- notice things on one side of you.
Does it get better?
Are there treatments that can help?
Find out more
Read more, including practical tips about coping with memory and concentration problems, in our leaflet Problems with memory and thinking.
Or if you're looking for more detailed information about different types of memory and thinking problems, download our Complete guide to cognitive problems after stroke.