The Life After Stroke Awards 2013 took place on 26 June. Our Life After Stroke Awards Patron, Karren Brady, and legendary British television and radio journalist, John Sergeant, led the proceedings at a star-studded ceremony at the Dorchester Hotel in London.
Learn about our very deserving winners below by reading and watching their stories.
- Children and Young People's Courage Award: Charlotte Neve
- Adult Courage Award (18-65 Years): Eileen Matthews
- Adult Courage Award (65 years and over): Peter Farrow
- Carer's Award: Paula Coates
- Award for Creative Arts: Maggie Turbitt
- Award for Volunteering: Lynn Scarth
- Fundraiser of the Year Award: Rachel Inglefield
- Stroke Group Award: Western Active Stroke Group
- Professional Excellence Award: Redditch and Bromsgrove Clinical Commissioning
- Corporate Supporter of the Year Award: ICAP
- Special Recognition Award: The Daily Mail