Our Life After Stroke Awards recognise the achievements of everyone affected by stroke. We celebrate stroke survivors for showing tremendous spirit and determination after their stroke. We also commend carers, volunteers, stroke clubs and health professionals who are with stroke survivors every step of the way.
Learn about our very deserving winners below by reading and watching their stories.
- Special Recognition Award: Professor Pippa Tyrrell, Manchester
- Corporate Supporter of the Year: Royal Mail
- Fundraiser of the Year Award: Annabel Jones, Cardiff
- Professional Excellence Award: Margaret Mitchell MBE, Dundee
- Stroke Group Award: Merseyside Life After Stroke Group, Liverpool
- Award for Volunteering: Rik Thornton, Kings Lynn
- Award for Creative Arts: Lil Sullivan, London
- Children and Young People’s Courage Award: Emily Simpson, Stockton on Tees
- Adult Courage Award (18 to 64 years old): Mark Ellis, Chesterfield
- Adult Courage Award (65 years and over: Peter Groombridge, Kent
- Carer’s Award: William Hyde, Lichfield