Our popular Give a Hand and Bake Week returns from 23-29 October. Taking part is as easy as pie. All you need is a generous dollop of enthusiasm and a hungry group of friends!
Why not join #TeamStroke for the Edinburgh Marathon Festival 2018, one of the biggest events of the Scottish running calendar.
If baking or fitness isn't for you, maybe your community group or your company would like to fundraise for us. We have something for everyone to help you support the work we do.
All funds raised in Scotland stay in Scotland and help us to support people affected by stroke.
Just contact get in touch with our friendly fundraising team to discuss your ideas and how we can support you.
About stroke in Scotland
Stroke is the third most common killer in Scotland and the leading cause of disability. We believe in life after stroke. That’s why we support stroke survivors to make the best recovery they can. It’s why we campaign for better stroke care and why we fund research into finding new treatments and ways of preventing stroke.
- We work with stroke ambassadors and volunteers to help raise awareness of what a stroke is and what to do in the event of a stroke.
- We carry out blood pressure testing as part of our Know Your Blood Pressure campaign to help prevent strokes.
- We support people who have had a stroke through our stroke support groups, Life After Stroke Grants and My Stroke Guide.
- We fund research into stroke prevention and Life After Stroke.
- We campaign for better stroke care and treatment.
- We have a fundraising team who work hard to ensure all money raised in Scotland stays in Scotland, to help us support those affected by stroke. We have lots of fun opportunities for you to get involved in and raise money for us or you can plan your own event and we’ll be there to help you make it a great success.
Volunteer with us
We have many opportunities for you to volunteer with us. It’s a great way to help us complete our work and a great way for you to boost your skills and add something to your CV while helping us support stroke survivors. Visit our volunteering section for more information.
Meet the team
Andrea Cail, Director Scotland.
Tel: 0131 555 7250
Nansia Gatopoulou, Deputy Director Scotland
Tel: 0131 555 7242
Colin Oliver, Head of Information and Awareness
Tel: 0131 555 7241
Kirsty Scott, Community and Events Fundraising Manager (Scotland)
Tel: 0131 555 7245
Angela Macleod, Communications Manager (Scotland)
Tel: 0131 555 7244
Jen Farrelly, Information Officer
Tel: 0131 555 7253
Rosie Isdale, Administrative Officer (Scotland)
Tel: 0131 55 7240
Jenny Selman, Community and Events Fundraiser (Scotland)
Tel: 0131 555 7256
Clare Jamieson, Community & Events Fundraiser – North Scotland
Tel: 07342 049 951
Susie Bennett, Community Development and Partnerships Manager - North Scotland
Maureen Hunter, Community Development and Partnership Manager - West Scotland