Our Moving Forward After Stroke Pilot in NHS Forth Valley
We are working in partnership with Active Stirling to develop a new stroke-specific exercise programme available to people living in Forth Valley who have had a stroke.
The programme is designed to reduce the risk of secondary stroke and improve physical fitness and function.
Participants will undergo a free 12-week exercise and health education programme delivered by specialist instructors at the Forthbank Performance Sports Centre within Stirling Sports Village.
Read more about our programme and contact Friederike Klinghammer – Stroke Association Support Coordinator, Moving Forward After Stroke by emailing Friederike.Klinghammer@stroke.org.uk or calling 07799 436030.
About stroke in Scotland
Stroke is the third most common killer in Scotland and the leading cause of disability. We believe in life after stroke. That’s why we support stroke survivors to make the best recovery they can. It’s why we campaign for better stroke care and why we fund research into finding new treatments and ways of preventing stroke.
- We work with stroke ambassadors and volunteers to help raise awareness of what a stroke is and what to do in the event of a stroke.
- We carry out blood pressure testing as part of our Know Your Blood Pressure campaign to help prevent strokes.
- We support people who have had a stroke through our stroke support groups, Life After Stroke Grants and My Stroke Guide.
- We fund research into stroke prevention and Life After Stroke.
- We campaign for better stroke care and treatment.
- We have a fundraising team who work hard to ensure all money raised in Scotland stays in Scotland, to help us support those affected by stroke. We have lots of fun opportunities for you to get involved in and raise money for us or you can plan your own event and we’ll be there to help you make it a great success.
Volunteer with us
We have many opportunities for you to volunteer with us. It’s a great way to help us complete our work and a great way for you to boost your skills and add something to your CV while helping us support stroke survivors. Visit our volunteering section for more information.