Ref: S1102 | Stroke Association Support Coordinator | Home-based, East Berkshire, however, extensive travel will be required as part of this role (May include team meetings or other work-related meetings).
Salary circa £21,933 per annum | 30 hours per week.
Our services are contracted, we currently have funding for this contract until 31 March 2025.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following a stroke. We are looking for an innovative, passionate and professional individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills to join our Stroke Recovery Service based in East Berkshire.
The service aims to identify and address the needs of stroke survivors and carers across the stroke pathway, by providing a range of innovative support solutions, supporting them to meet their desired outcomes. A key part of the role will be to support service users and the delivery of the service.
Reporting to the Stroke Association Service Delivery Coach, the Stroke Association Support Coordinator will:
- Support new stroke survivors and their carers from hospital discharge into the community.
- Provide personalised information, advice and support.
- Support clients to make informed lifestyle changes which will help them to prevent further strokes
- Be accountable for volunteers, so experience of recruiting, training and managing volunteers would be an advantage.
- You will have excellent IT skills and demonstrate a flexible approach to your role.
The post holder will have experience/background in:
- A caring profession, ideally with experience of supporting people with disabilities.
- Setting up and running virtual groups.
This role is home-based, but extensive travel is required across the local area and occasionally further afield to visit people at home and in community settings. Candidates must be able to demonstrate how they can meet this requirement of the role.
To fulfil the role, you must be a resident of the UK and have the right to work in the UK.
To apply, email: BusinessSupport.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your CV, (including details of your current address), and a supporting statement of no more than two pages, demonstrating how you meet the person's specifications and what you bring to the role in terms of your skills and experience. Please state any preferences for flexible options in your cover letter. Applications from individuals who are seeking flexible working options, including reduced hours or job shares are welcomed.
Closing Date: 31 December 2023 | Interview Date: To be confirmed.
Interviews will be held via video conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application.