The Childhood Stroke Project is a collaboration between the Stroke Association and Evelina London Children's Hospital. It is funded by the Margaret Giffen Charitable Trust. The Childhood Stroke Project has set up a research study - to identify the needs of families and young people - and guide our work going forwards. We have also established a Childhood Stroke Support Service.
This service provides:
- tailored information for children, young people and families affected by stroke, about the nature of their stroke or related diagnoses
- advice about local services and follow-up that families may find useful
- support navigating health, social care and educational processes
- advocacy for young people and families in accessing the services they need
- emotional support in adjusting to the impact of stroke
- signposting to peer support networks for parents and young people.
If you would like to speak to someone for advice or support, please contact Anna Panton, Childhood Stroke Project Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07715 065925.