Ref: V187 | Community Connector | East of England
We’re looking for six Community Connectors over the age of 18 years old, based in Norfolk and Suffolk.
You’ll be volunteering approximately six hours per month. Dates and times to be agreed with volunteer.
The volunteers could be:
- Providing valuable support to our teams based within the region.
- Build relationships with people, and organisations to raise awareness of stroke and the Stroke Association.
- Engaging with your local community to represent the Stroke Association, could include the delivery of presentations or talks either face-to-face or digitally.
- Sharing your knowledge and experience of stroke with others.
- Researching and gathering information relating to life after stroke services.
- Supporting the process of volunteer recruitment and training.
- Attending fundraising events, including donation collections.
*Whilst we would be delighted if you could perform all of these tasks, we will be happy to accept enquiries from you if you can provide suitable selective support.
What the role can offer you personally:
- Learning and developing new skills.
- Meeting new people, building a network and engaging with your local community.
- An opportunity to get together (either face to face/digitally) with other volunteers from the East of England.
- Invitations to join national volunteer events to network and share experiences.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for this role. The Stroke Association will support the check application.
Interested in this role?
We want to reduce barriers to inclusion. Help us understand who is applying for and getting roles with us by completing our equal opportunities form. This helps us continue to identify anything that’s getting in the way of people looking to join us. This information does not form part of your application.
If you would like further information, please contact Tracey Hughes, Engagement Officer, East of England by calling 07515 596975 or emailing email@example.com.