All over the UK, there are people who show amazing courage, determination and compassion on a daily basis in an effort to rebuild their lives or help others to rebuild their lives after the debilitating effects of stroke.
We want you to help us find them.
The categories are:
Fundraiser of the Year Award
- For an individual fundraiser or fundraising group.
- For a stroke survivor, 18 years old and over.
Children and Young People’s Courage Award
- For a young stroke survivor, 17-years-old and under.
- A carer providing support for a stroke survivor.
Rebuilding Lives Award
- For people who work or volunteer for the Stroke Association.
Community Impact Award
- For an individual, group, business or project.
The ceremony will be held in London in Autumn 2020. Those chosen to receive an award will be invited to attend the fabulous award ceremony to accept their award from a special guest.
How to nominate
- Read all the awards criteria and decide which award is the best fit for your nominee.
- Visit the nominations form page or request a hard copy of the nomination form from our Life After Stroke Awards team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01527 01527 903 927
- Complete your details and the details of the nominee.
- Complete the nomination summary to tell us why you think the person or group deserves the award. Please include as much detail as possible by referring to the criteria.
All nominations will be shortlisted by an internal panel from the Stroke Association. An independent panel of external judges will select the winners from the shortlist in each category. The winner from each category will be informed in June 2020 and invited to the national event.
Top tips for your nomination
- Include as much detail and as many practical examples as possible.
- Your nomination doesn’t have to be perfectly written. Judges will be looking for a story of life after stroke and won't be judging you on your spelling or grammar.
- Please use the category criteria as a checklist to complete your nomination.
- Explain what makes your nominee remarkable. What have they achieved? How have they inspired others?
- If you need assistance in making your nomination or you're having trouble with the online form, we can send you a form in the post, you can nominate over the phone or you can send us a video nomination. Please email email@example.com or call us on 01527 903 927.
Have a read of some example winning nomination forms:
All complete nominations received by midnight on 30 April 2020 will be considered for a Life After Stroke Award.
Terms and conditions
- The Stroke Association is only able to accept nominations from the UK (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Island and the Channel Islands). We regret that any nominations received from overseas will not be considered.
- You may nominate an individual for only one award category.
- Winners of each category will be notified in June.
- The Stroke Association’s decision is final.
- Please note that the giving of each award is subject to the nominee’s willingness to be involved in media and publicity activity.
- All nominations must be received by midnight on 30 April 2020 to be considered for the next Life After Stroke Awards. Anything following that date will not be considered until the following year.