Take action on stroke and join us at the first UK Stroke Assembly Northern Ireland. This one-day event will bring together those affected by stroke living in Northern Ireland, Whether you're a stroke survivor, carer or supporter of clubs and groups, this event is your opportunity to have your say on stroke, share experiences and hear developments in stroke care and research.
Date: Monday 8 April 2019
Venue: Glenavon House Hotel
Time: 9:45am - 4:00pm (registration opens at 9:00am)
Read about our UK Stroke Assembly events in 2018.
Find out more about UK Stroke Assembly events
The interactive and inspiring conference includes talks, workshops, an exhibition, lunch and much more. There will be three main talks as well as a number of workshops, delivered by stroke survivors and stroke professionals.
You do not have to attend all the talks. There will be plenty of time to rest, meet other stroke survivors, or visit the exhibition.
View the full programme here
With you in mind
We know that attending an event like this might not be easy or something that you have done before. We have carefully chosen a venue that is accessible and designed a programme that allows you time to rest. We ask for the views of those affected by stroke when making these decisions.
The Glenavon House Hotel is a relaxing and accessible three star hotel. The venue is centred on the outskirts of Cookstown, Country Tyrone with easy travel access to the M1 and M2.
Read more about the hotel on the Glenavon House Hotel site.
If you are a wheelchair or scooter user, we recommend that you bring this with you.
The venue has a small number of accessible bedrooms with varying facilities. To book accommodation and discuss your requirements please contact the hotel directly on 028 867 64949.
Stroke survivor, carer and family member tickets cost £10.
Professional and staff tickets cost £35.
- All talks and workshops.
- Access to the exhibition.
- Refreshments and lunch.
Booking closes on the 25 March 2019.
How to book and pay
To book your place at this event you must complete a booking form for each person attending the event. Your place is not booked until we have received your booking form AND your payment.
Ways to book:
- Complete an online booking form.
- Complete and return a standard booking form via post or email.
- Complete and return an accessible booking form via post or email.
- Call 0289 0508 021 or email email@example.com to request a paper form to be emailed or sent to you in the post, or to complete a form over the phone.
Ways to pay:
- Pay online by debit/credit card by following the steps at the bottom of this page.
- Call 0289 0508 021 during office hours and pay by debit/credit card.
- Post a cheque made payable to the ‘Stroke Association’ to the address below. Put your full name and the reference ‘UKSA Ireland’ on the back of the cheque.
Booking closes on 25 March 2019.
Once we have received your booking form and payment you will receive a confirmation by email. A pre-event information pack will be sent to you in March.
If you have any questions, please contact us on 02890 508 021 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our postal address is:
UK Stroke Assembly
46 Cadogan Park