Stroke is the third most common killer in Scotland and the leading cause of disability. We believe in life after stroke. That’s why we support stroke survivors to make the bets recovery they can. It’s why we campaign for better stroke care and why we fund research into finding new treatments and ways of preventing stroke.
- We work with stroke ambassadors and volunteers to help raise awareness of what a stroke is and what to do in the event of a stroke.
- We carry out blood pressure testing as part of our Know Your Blood Pressure campaign to help prevent strokes.
- We support people who have had a stroke through our stroke support groups, Life After Stroke Grants and My Stroke Guide.
- We fund research into stroke prevention and Life After Stroke.
- We campaign for better stroke care and treatment.
- We have a fundraising team who work hard to ensure all money raised in Scotland stays in Scotland, to help us support those affected by stroke. . We have lots of fun opportunities for you to get involved in and raise money for us or you can plan your own event and we’ll be there to help you make it a great success.
Volunteer with us
We have many opportunities for you to volunteer with us. It’s a great way to help us complete our work and a great way for you to boost your skills and add something to your CV while helping us support stroke survivors. Visit our volunteering section for more information.
Get in touch
15 Links Place
Tel: 0131 555 7240
Stroke Helpline: 0303 3033 100
- Follow us on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook
Meet the team
Andrea Cail, Director Scotland.
Tel: 0131 555 7250
Anastasia Gatopoulou, Deputy Director Scotland
Tel: 0131 555 7242
Colin Oliver, Head of Information and Awareness
Tel: 0131 555 7241
Kirsty Scott, Community and Events Fundraising Manager (Scotland)
Tel: 0131 555 7245
Angela Macleod, Communications Manager (Scotland)
Tel: 0131 555 7244
Jen Farrelly, Information Officer
Tel: 0131 555 7253
Rosie Isdale, Administrative Officer (Scotland)
Tel: 0131 55 7240
Jenny Selman, Community and Events Fundraiser (Scotland)
Tel: 0131 555 7256
Clare Jamieson, Community & Events Fundraiser – North Scotland
Tel: 07342 049 951
Susan Bennet, Community Development and Partnerships Manager
Maureen Hunter, Community Development and Partnership Manager